Sunday, April 15, 2012

Home Stretch

April is here and I do adore this time of year. It marks the beginning of some things and the end of others. For example, baseball season is here and, with all of it's outdoor festivities and fun, it's hard not to be enchanted by the welcoming atmosphere of a live game. But April also marks the end of things, like my cherished stint here in Austin Texas. It seems like just two weeks ago I was easing into my transition here and now I'm starting my fading out process. Okay, so 'fading out' seems a bit dramatic but, if you'd had the experiences I've had out here, you'd understand my choice of words. I simply cannot just leave this place. One does not simply quit ATX cold, like a bad habit. There is a process and I must endure it to ensure I don't get a bad case of withdrawals. You understand.

It has been quite a while since my last post and while the expected thing to do now is to write an update on what I did during the gap, I must confess that I will not. That is quite a feat and I simply could not do it justice in one post. In it's stead, rather, I shall make an attempt to post something once a week for the rest of my time here in ATX. Six weeks, six posts. Some will reflect what I'm doing that week and some may take the time to talk about things I did during the gap.

For the remainder of my time here I shall continue to work relentlessly at my current job-which I love, I shall continue to meet all the 'action items' assigned to me, start studying for my teacher certification exams, and figure out a game plan to move me from Austin to Miami- all while trying to soak up as much of this wondrous city with my friends whenever I get the chance! The rest of my time here will not be idle, that is for sure!

I am in the home stretch- let's see what the next chapter holds, shall we?

Until next time,

RTIII

1 comment: